Attention Santa’s Elves! If you’re still looking for some last minute stocking stuffers for your family – look no further. We’ve got five suggestions that will make sure your family stays on the nice list – at least where their oral health is concerned – for 2017!
1. New Toothbrush. Toothbrushes should be swapped out every three months or earlier if the bristles are frayed. If you can’t remember the last time your changed out your family’s toothbrushes, use this holiday season as your reset button. Now, come March or during your Spring Cleaning – you’ll remember to change them again!
2. Travel Oral Care. You may have the perfect dental routine at home, but when on the go, not so much. From sleepovers to long days at the office – having travel sized and/or disposable oral products can help for on the go freshening.
3. Gum. But not just any gum! Be sure to choose a sugar-free option OR one sweetened with Xylitol (a natural sweetener found in plants). Clinical studies have shown that chewing sugar-free gum after snacking increases saliva which helps to neutralize plaque acid thus preventing tooth decay!
4. Small Toys. One of the best dental health gifts you can give, actually doesn’t have to do with teeth. Instead of filling stockings with sugary treats, choose small toys and gifts! From craft supplies to hair accessories, curb temptation of sweets with some sugar-free surprises!
5. Water Bottle. Encourage your family to increase their water consumption and decrease their soda or juice consumption. From bottles with built in water filters to stainless steel double-wall vacuum insulated for the most refreshing sips, you’re bound to find the perfect one for each member of the family.
If you have any questions about your child’s teeth throughout the holidays, give one of our offices a call! We specialize in caring for children’s teeth in a comfortable and caring environment, in three different Long Island locations. Don’t forget to LIKE us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter for updates and industry news!