Did you know that over the course of your child’s school years (Pre-K through 12), you will have packed close to 3,000 lunch boxes? Smart snacks and proper nutrition are not only key to fueling your kids through the day but equally for keeping smiles healthy and bright.
Make sure this school year you pack some simple, tooth friendly alternatives! Check out our infographic and additional info below:
- Cookies & Chips: Prepackaged treats such as these are often loaded with preservatives, sugars, and more.
- Dried Fruits: Seems healthy, but dried fruits are like sticky candies. They can adhere to teeth for extended periods of time.
- Juice & Soda: Sugary beverages and the acid in soda are known for weakening tooth enamel.
- Fruits & Veggies: Crisp, water dense fruits and veggies are not only great for hydration – but they also help stimulate the production of saliva (which protects tooth enamel and prevents decay!)
- Low-Fat Cheese: The casein protein found in cheese helps to fortify the tooth’s surface and protect against cavities. It’s low in sugar and acid, and high in calcium.
- Nuts: Many nuts provide vitamins and minerals that help teeth!
- Water: The best beverage for healthy teeth – even add some fruit slices to change its taste!
At Adelberg Montalvan Pediatric Dental our purpose is to provide exceptional mental and dental care that can impact your child’s life forever. Our practice has been providing excellent pediatric dentistry to children of Long Island for over 14 years! If you have any questions about dental friendly diets give us a call or ask during your next appointment. We have three locations: Nesconset, Massapequa Park, and West Islip.