COVID-19 Protocols & Procedures
We want to assure you that we will be doing everything that we can, to create the safest experiences for you and your family. The dental field is no stranger to infection control. Seeing children means we are always at the forefront of infection control whether it is the common cold or the flu. We have ALWAYS made infection control and general cleanliness our number one priority.
We do everything possible to make dentistry as safe as possible for our patients. The challenge of the coronavirus or COVID-19 is not being taken lightly.
Prior To Arriving At Our Office
If your child or family member is showing signs of sickness please consider rescheduling.
- Separation of Treatment Spaces. You will also notice that in areas like our orthodontic bays, we have installed plexiglass partitions to separate treatment spaces. This will help to reduce any aerosol from one chair to the other. It will also help to maintain social distancing. We will also need to limit the number of people in the treatment areas.
- Separation at Front Desk. You will also notice that we have placed plexiglass partitions by our check in and check out desks as well. We will do our best to reduce contact between our front desk workers and your families.
Very pleased with the precautions taken upon arrival and Dr. Adam was great with my son during his exam and cleaning.– Reid Alaia
- Disinfection. As always, we will continue to disinfect the office with very high-end products such as Sani-wipes and cavicide sprays. These products are broad spectrum disinfectant, germicidal wipes and sprays that are extremely effective against bacteria, fungus, and viruses. They can be used in NICU, operating rooms, and of course our dental office.
- Sterilization Procedures. Our sterilization process has always been ahead of the curve. Our instruments are first cleaned in an ultrasonic bath and then autoclaved. While many offices place multiple instruments in bags, we have always used an instrument management system with cassettes. This cassette design permits optimal hospital quality sterilization. This is the highest level of sterilization and not commonly used in other dental offices due to higher costs. We have always used cassette systems. Additionally, our systems are tested via spore tests to ensure that the autoclave is working at peak performance.
- Air Filtration & Purification. Additionally, you will notice throughout all of our locations that we will be using air filtration systems. Each treatment room, each waiting room, and areas that staff or patients may congregate will have an air purifier. These HEPA filter machines will constantly be cleaning the air within our offices. These purifiers will be beneficial for removing harmful odors, airborne chemicals, germs and virus concerns. It will capture 99.9% of particles down to .1 microns.
- Cleanings. Our office has increased the number of cleanings of common areas and surfaces which are cleaned throughout the day on a standard schedule. As always, we have a nightly professional cleaning crew who has also increased their level of disinfection.
- Team Members. Team members are required to not work when feeling sick.
Amazing place for children. Courteous and knowledgeable staff. My son has had a great visit experience every time we go. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a pediatric dentist for their children. Also took great care during the pandemic to ensure all safety precautions are taken with every patient entering and leaving the office.