With the last month of summer fun underway, it’s time to grab the kids, pack up the car, and head out to enjoy your final family vacation of summer 2016.
But just because you’re away from home doesn’t mean your daily routines should be put on hold until your return. Make sure your kids keep up with their oral health even while on the go with these tips!
- Book your check up with us! Before heading out, make sure to bring the family in for a thorough exam. This way, we can spot any problems early so you can have peace of mind while away.
- Keep our contact information handy. Many dental emergencies can be resolved over the phone. If you’re worried and feel like you need to speak to one of our doctors give us a call – we’ll also be able to let you know if this is something that can wait until you get home or if it’s something more serious.
- Forgot your toothbrush? For a quick fix we suggest vigorously rinsing your mouth with water to dislodge any debris from teeth. You can also add some toothpaste to a clean washcloth or your finger until you find a drugstore.
- Make sure you transport your toothbrush properly. A plastic bag is great to keep it separated from other items in your medicine bag. Once you get to your destination, set your toothbrush out to air dry.
- Get yourself back on track. If you weren’t practicing the best oral health while away, don’t stress. Just be sure to get yourself back to brushing for two minutes twice daily and flossing regularly once home.
Adelberg Montalvan Pediatric Dentistry has three Long Island locations. We specialize in caring for children’s teeth in a comfortable and caring environment. Call (516) 798-1111 or visit our website to schedule an appointment. Don’t forget to LIKE us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter for updates and industry news!